*Job Title: *English into Romanian Translator
*Location: * Cambridge (United Kingdom) OR Berlin (Germany)
Some relocation assistance may be provided.
*Contract Type: * Permanent, full time, in house
*Where language matters: *
*Translating for the 21st century at Alpha*
Are you keen to get into the exciting world of translation and localization? Do you feel competent and eager to translate from English to Romanian? Do you love working on a wide variety of source materials and for different international clients? Are you an Allrounder? Do you want to see how to adapt translations to different brand tones of voice? Do you enjoy working with translation technologies and achieving high-quality results? Do you want to be part of a thoroughly international team of professionals?
If you can answer “yes” to all of the above, this position as an English to Romanian translator at a world-leading localization provider in Cambridge, UK, could be for you. If you are a young graduate, this is your opportunity to get into the universe of translation/localization.
Our Romanian team is looking for a new colleague: an up-and-coming translation professional, an all-rounder who has the talent and the curiosity to handle a variety of linguistic tasks such as translating user guides, help-desk materials, product descriptions, web content, press releases, scripts and subtitles for videos. If you already have some experience in translating, or if you are an ardent blog-writer, even better!
Successful candidates will be passionate about translating and about quality, and be interested in IT, technology and the world.
· Translate a variety of text types and subject matters
· Review and post-edit machine-produced translations
· Conduct terminology research
· Create and maintain translation memories and Termbases
· Create and maintain style guides
· Participate in occasional meetings with client contacts
· Make occasional visits to clients for product demos or briefings
· Translators must master Romanian at mother-tongue level
· Excellent grammar and fluent writing style
· Translation qualification with some translation experience
· Willingness to learn new things and to go the extra mile
· Ability to work within a TM
· Ability to work under pressure without impacting quality
· Good time management and versatility
· Professional approach and commitment to quality
· Able to follow instructions
· Good eye for detail and ability to pay attention to multiple references
· Cultural awareness
· Ability to translate/transcreate marketing-type messages
· Subtitling of videos
· Familiar with MemoQ and Trados, Smartling or other CATs
Alpha has been at the forefront of the translation, localization and now globalization industries since 1987, and is now a global top-ten localization provider. We’ve built an in-house production model for the world’s most demanding companies.
Alpha is a warm, lively and welcoming firm with over 30 nationalities represented in its 17 offices. Every individual adds their own personality to our culture, and allows us to paint a bright, vivid and multi-faceted picture of the world, in micro, in each place. In the end, being part of the team is about more than work. We have activities ranging from paintball to cookery contests, or book exchanges to film watching, which take place across all our 15 countries.
We service an impressive range of internationally known clients in various sectors.
*Working in Berlin*
In one of the world’s most famous capitals, working in our Berlin office is a fantastic opportunity to enjoy everything this historic yet youthful city has to offer. With its vibrant arts scene, buzzing nightlife and diverse food culture, there is something for everyone in Berlin. Bike-friendly and more affordable than many other European cities, you are bound to enjoy your leisure time in this cultural hotspot.
*Working in Cambridge*
Known the world over for its prestigious university, Cambridge is a beautiful historic city that attracts millions of visitors. However, it’s also a youthful, multicultural hub and home to some of the world’s leading hi-tech firms.
Compact and accessible, there’s no shortage of pubs, bars and cafes in which to meet friends and colleagues. From museums, parks and galleries to nightclubs and restaurants, the UK’s most bike-friendly city is full of things to see and do, as well as being only a 50-minute train ride from one of the world’s most famous capitals: London.
*How to apply*
Send CV with letter of motivation.
For successful candidates, unless you already have the right to work in the UK, Alpha will act as your sponsor, and you will need to obtain a visa before entering the UK. This is a relatively straightforward process, and we are here to help.
Tipul jobului: Cu normă întreagă, Perioadă nedeterminată
* In 1-2 sentences, please describe how your previous experience is relevant to this role? Why are you a good fit for this job?
* What about this role excites you and made you want to apply? Please describe your interest in working with us.
* Will you be able to reliably commute or relocate to Cambridge or Berlin for this job?
* How many years of translation experience do you have?
Locul activității: O singură locație