Fully Home-based German Translation Reviewer
Availability: This is initially a 3 months contract (with possibility of extension) and you will be needed Monday-Friday 35 hours weekly
The company: A global pharmaceutical company.
The Role: As a translator, you’ll convert written material from English into the ‘target language’ – German, making sure that the translated version conveys the meaning of the original as clearly as possible. The target language is normally your mother tongue.
Transcreation is also part of the job, which is a mix of translation and localisation (taking into account factors such as cultural nuances), where the text is culturally and linguistically adapted to suit the reader.
You will translate a variety of content, including:
• Life Sciences
• Read through original material and rewrite it in the target language, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained.
• Experience in Transcreation, where the text is culturally and linguistically adapted to suit the reader.
• Use translation memory software, to ensure consistency of translation within documents and help efficiency.
• Use specialist dictionaries, thesauruses and reference books to find the closest equivalents for terminology and words used.
• Use appropriate software for presentation and delivery.
• Research phraseology to find the correct translation.
• Consult with experts in specialist areas, as assigned by the organisation.
• Retain and develop knowledge on specialist areas of translation.
• Review and correct machine translations in language.
• Ensure consistency with style and terminology.
• Proofread translated texts for spelling, grammar, punctuation and formatting.
• Flag English original if any issue is found with the original text.
• Mother tongue command of German and fluency in English.
• Excellent proofreading skills.
• Excellent working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe
• Translation certification a plus.
For more information please apply!