Are you looking to for a role where you can make an impact whilst also gaining genuine job satisfaction?
Make a difference, every day.
International SOS are recruiting for a Machine Translation Specialist who will be responsible for the provision, oversight, review, and on-schedule delivery of translation and multilingual services for assigned print and/or digital projects.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting in to the Senior Product Owner you responsibilities will be varied and will include:
– Drive and execute Machine Translation (MT) strategy and help accelerate MT and Real-time localisation vision.- Analyse Machine Translation output and feedback on post editing for quality improvements, and clean up TMs, feed glossaries into MT engines.- Analyse different evaluation metrics for MT engines and post editing output.- Test and document the results of output of trained MT engines and post edited output.- Review human post-edited output to produce high-quality training for MT engines.- Support the team with creating guidelines and documentation on best practices for post-editors.
– Previous experience in proofreading or post-editing of machine-translated content is a great advantage.- Experience with CAT Tools and other localisation tools.- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Languages, Linguistics or any related technical discipline preferred- An excellent standard of written and spoken English is essential. – Proficiency in any other languages is a distinct advantage.- Understanding of MT (SMT, NMT) and Machine Learning basics.- Knowledge of MT metrics and algorithms for quality evaluation.- Knowledge of most common mistakes by machine translation and how to categorise and prevent them.- Strong analytical, writing and editorial skills
Required Competencies- Presenting & Communicating information – Speaks clearly and fluently; Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; Makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence; Responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; Projects credibility.
– Applying Expertise & Technology. Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise; Develops job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development; Shares expertise and knowledge with others; Uses technology to achieve work objectives; demonstrates appropriate physical co-ordination and endurance, manual skill, spatial awareness and dexterity; Demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
– Analytical thinking. Analyses numerical data, verbal data and all other sources of information; Breaks information into component parts, patterns and relationships; Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; Makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; Produces workable solutions to a range of problems; Demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
– Creating & Innovating. Produces new ideas, approaches or insights; Creates innovative products or designs; Produces a range of solutions to problems; Seeks opportunities for organisational improvement; Devises effective change initiatives.
Travel / Rotation Requirements – Some travel may be required.