ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
This role can be based in the UK, Ireland or Barcelona
This is an entry level position.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Project Management side of our Language services team within the Clinical Research Industry.
We currently have an opportunity for a Project Analyst I, a project management role.
As part of a team coordinating multi-language translation projects, successful candidates must possess exceptional communication and organisation skills. Applicants must also be able to demonstrate drive, passion, great attention to detail and be comfortable managing a variety of tasks at one time.
A background/qualification in Linguistics, Languages, English, Marketing or Business is preferred but not essential.
Our Language Services team is part of our Commercialization and Outcomes group. The team provides the coordination and management of Translation and Linguistic Validation projects for both internal and external clients.
• Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which center around our commitment to People, Clients and Performance
• As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
• Travel (approximately 5%) domestic and/or international
• Responsible for performing assigned project tasks while adhering to timelines, SOPs and performance metric standards.
• Selects and manages suppliers and other project resources for assigned tasks with guidance and team oversight.
• Identifies risks with assigned tasks and effectively executes strategies to minimize those risks.
• Measures and tracks project-related KPIs
• Supports project meetings and the resolution of issues, project recaps and corrective/preventative action.
• Understands and owns portions of the project scope.
• Supports accurate tracking and regular upkeep of financial data on assigned tasks and projects.
• Communicates efficiently and effectively within/outside of project team, and communicates regularly with senior project team members about project tasks.
• Such other duties and tasks as are allocated to you at the reasonable discretion of the Company.
To succeed you will need
• Fluency in English both orally and in writing with excellent communication skills
• Process-driven and strong attention to detail with superior organizational skills
• Strong team player
• Experience in managing multiple, varied tasks simultaneously and independently
• MS Office Suite
• Previous experience in the translation industry- not mandatory
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career – both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
Are you a current ICON Employee? Please click here to apply: link