translate plus is a fast-growing, award-winning language services and technology company. Fully owned by the Publicis Groupe, translate plus sits within the cross-media production platform, which brings together specialist production expertise in video, digital media and print, producing and delivering brand content across all channels for top global brands.
In 2021, translate plus was ranked by leading industry analyst Common Sense Advisory as the world’s seventh-largest translation company, #3 in Europe and #2 in the UK.
At translate plus, we value the health and wellbeing of our employees and we offer them the flexibility to work from home. In 2021, translate plus won an award for “Great Employers” for achievements in “Managing a Remote Workforce”.
translate plus is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and do not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are currently looking for an English speaking Translation Editor who has a strong eye for detail and a passion for quality and strong critical skills. This in-house role involves different types of proofreading and QA-checks in a variety of file formats.
Key responsibilities include:
• Proofreading and QA-checks in English
• General administrative duties related to the translation project
Skills and experience required for a Translation Editor:
• Educated to degree level (ideally in translation studies or languages in general)
• English language (native level)
• Strong oral and written English skills
• Excellent computer literacy
• Linguistic skills with the ability to identify a variety of languages
• Being able to multi-task, prioritise and stay calm under pressure
• Taking pride in delivering a high-quality service
• Ability to produce detailed and accurate work, often to tight deadlines
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of English grammar and spelling conventions
• Ability to identify style, tone and register and apply them appropriately
• Flawless writing skills with zero tolerance for mistakes
• Ability to concentrate on written work for long periods.
It would be a bonus, but not a must, if you have one or more of the following criteria:
• Experience from a similar role within the language industry
• Previous use of CAT tools, including Trados Studio, XBench, Transit or other applications
• Proficiency in other languages
What we offer:
Work in an Iconic office complex
Career development and progression possibilities
High quality trainings (via inhouse and external trainers) and access to thousands of on-line/e-learning courses to develop essential, functional and industry skills (via Publicis Marcel, LinkedIn Learning, etc.)
Access to worldwide job/gigs opportunities within the Publicis Groupe
Work your world – As part of the Publicis Groupe policy, up to 6 weeks of working from a different country
Café Marcel- Networking opportunities with fellow colleagues in the Publicis Groupe all around the world
Inhouse subsidised Publicis Groupe restaurant
Access to subsidised wellness activities (acupuncture, manicures and massages)
Staff discount at bars and restaurants in the local area around the office
Staff discount at Westfield shopping centre
Life assurance and Income protection (disability benefit)
Paid leave days increase on yearly basis
We also offer an extensive Employee Benefits Scheme, which includes:
Team building events
Working from home
Office equipment allowance
Family friendly policies (extended maternity/paternity leaves etc)
Breakfast, fruits, tea, coffee, cereal
Pizza day (in office)
In addition to the general benefits scheme we also offer a Service Recognition Plan, which means that with every year at translate plus there are additional rewards for employees such as extra holidays, dental insurance, bonus payments, treats & vouchers, etc.
Do you want to work for a market-leading company?
If you cannot wait to become the next member of our successful team, please contact us now!
Please note that we normally receive a very large number of applications. We aim to get back to you as soon as possible should you be invited for an interview. If you are not invited for an interview at this stage, your application will be saved for future consideration – with your explicit permission and as per our GDPR-policy and/or related official regulations.