We are hiring for a Translation Project Manager to join one of the world's largest translation and languages service providers (LSP). You will be working with major client projects across the world.
Fluency in English is essential. Fluent in a 2nd language, such as German, French, Dutch, Spanish or Italian languages is an advantage
Our client is one of the worlds most recognised and successful translation organisations, working with major companies across most industry sectors across the world.
Office is based in Gerrard Cross, Buckinghamshire ( 20 minutes NW Of central London) – Hybrid working available upon completion of the probation period which is likely to last for about 3 months, after which they will be able to opt for hybrid working (3 days in office + 2 days home). During probation, the job will be 100% office based, 5 days a week.
To join their international translation department, a team of approx. 20 people, they wish to recruit a Translation Project Manager. The role will be responsible for the management of translation projects in the most efficient manner, always focusing on delivering excellent quality, within budget, on time and in line with the requirements of clients and patent offices. This role requires good understanding of translation technologies and the ability to incorporate them within each project to improve efficiency and guarantee cost-effectiveness. Planning and problem-solving skills are paramount. Effective communications with the other internal teams involved in the process will be key. Your role will typically include the following duties and responsibilities:
* Work cross-departmentally across the division to ensure that each translation project is executed to the standards expected by our clients
* Overseeing the Translation side of the orders from end to end (Project Planning and Coordinating with all the different departments involved)
* Managing the Translation budget and ensure that the projects have been executed efficiently to the required profit margins and the idea will be to enhance the profit margins.
* Assume full ownership of the translation projects and coordinate all parties involved
* Swift resolution of problems
* Set and manage the translation budget for each project to meet the target profit margins
* Use translation technologies and locate them at the centre of the translation projects
* Use internal systems to manage and prioritise the workload
* Contribute to the development of new processes
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
* Fluent English is essential. German, French, Dutch, Spanish or Italian languages an advantage
* Technology skill important – Trados, machine translation is at the core of the project/s.
* Experience in another LSP / language industry would be advantage
* Knowledge of Trados is advantage, but not mandatory.
* Translation coordination/translation project management experience will be beneficial.
* Ability to work under pressure and experience of workload prioritisation
* Ability to multi-task and problem solve
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to think outside the box
* Ability to lead and guide all project stakeholders
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
SALARY, WORKING HOURS & BENEFITS
£23,750 per annum. Benefits: 22 days’ paid annual leave (rising with length of service), an additional day off for your birthday, private medical insurance, online discount platform, contributory pension scheme, SAYE scheme, life assurance, annual season ticket loan scheme, Cycle2Work scheme and free shuttle bus from Gerrards Cross train station.
Schedule: 37.5 hours per week (hybrid working available)
To be considered for this excellent opportunity as a Translation Project Coordinator and to join an award winning, international business, please click the Apply Now button and send your CV to us.
Contact: Jonathan Grimes